In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
The FIFTH annual Veterans VA5K will be held Saturday, November 7 on the beautiful grounds of the Lexington Veterans Affairs Medical Center. The event will benefit the medical center and the Lexington Fisher House, which provides lodging for the families of veterans being treated at the medical center. The Lexington Division of Community Corrections and Columbia Gas of Kentucky and its NiVets employee resource group are presenting and coordinating sponsors of the event.
Location: The race course winds through the beautiful grounds of the medical center at 2250 Leestown Rd. in Lexington.
Cost: Advanced registration, through Oct. 21, is $30 per adult participant age 18 and older, $15 for youths under 18, and $25 per member for teams of 10 or more. Starting Oct. 22nd through the day of the event, an additional $5 will be charged per registrant. T-shirts and goody bags are guaranteed only for participants who register by Oct. 21st. Registration is open through Nov. 7.
Packet Pickup: Race packets, including numbered bibs and t-shirts, can be picked up at Columbia Gas of Kentucky, 2001 Mercer Road, Lexington, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 6. On race day, packets pickup will be from 8-9:30 a.m. at the VA Medical Center.
Awards: Prizes will go to the top 5 male and female finishers overall and top 3 finishers in each of the following age groups: 10 & Under, 11-15, 16-20, 21-25, 26-30, 31-35, 36-40, 41-45, 46-50, 51-60, 61-70, 71-100, and over 100. There will be no duplication of awards.
Race Day Schedule: Registration and packet pickup will be from 8-9:30 a.m. at the medical center. Activities for participants and their families will begin at 9 a.m. The timed race will begin at 10 a.m. The awards ceremony and door prize presentations will begin at 11 a.m. or as soon as times are tabulated. Coffee and hot chocolate will be available for registered participants before the race. Refreshments will be provided post-race.
Parking/Restrooms: Parking and restrooms will be available at the medical center.
For more information: If you need more information or have questions, use the "Questions" button below to contact the Race Director.
Students, put your graphic design skills to the test and submit a patriotic design for the 2020 Veterans VA5K T-shirt Contest! Tshirts with the winning design will be worn by participants, staff, and volunteers during the race and throughout the year! Please be sure to read the rules below and complete the entry form at the link below. Contact Dave Lemons with Columbia Gas of Kentucky at (859) 227-3872 with any questions.
To be considered for the 2020 Veterans VA5K t-shirt design contest, you hereby agree to the following terms and conditions:
The Veterans VA5K T-shirt Design Contest is open to all full-time students in public and private schools and undergraduate
students at colleges in Kentucky. Participation in the contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement of and
acceptance of all official contest rules.
• All designs should represent the spirit of the Veterans VA5K event, and should include veteran related images which
can include a Blackhawk Helicopter image, military images and/or American Flag images.
• The t-shirt design will be printed on the front of a red t-shirt (no pocket)
• All designs will need to include one of more of the three designated colors: black, white, and blue.
• Be prepared to upload your design in the following formats: PSD (Photoshop), AI (Adobe Illustrator), jpeg, eps, and
• The winning design will be selected by Veterans VA5K Race Team and will be printed on the front of the 2020
Veterans VA5K race shirt to be distributed on or before race date November 7, 2020.
• The Veterans VA5K Race Team reserves the right to use all designs for future marketing purposes.
• NO reproduced images will be accepted. Your submission must be original artwork.
• There is no limit to the number of entries per person during the entry period.
• If your submission needs to be reproduced or edited to ensure the highest quality of printing or the correct graphic
stands, we will do our best to recreate the most accurate design.
• The deadline for submissions is April 30. The link and information for submissions is available at VeteransVA5K.com.
• Entries will not be accepted if the application is incomplete or the design file is not uploaded.
• All entrants must abide by the final decision of the committee.
• The winner will receive the following: Up to four VA5K Race t-shirts, up to four race entries, recognition on the
Veterans VA5K website, social media, and Instagram, as well as recognition on race day, Nov. 7, 2020.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Additional race information can be found at http://www.veteransva5k.com.